Fall

Fall

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Under the same sky

Last night as I looked at the stars, and this morning as I reveled in the beautiful sunrise, I thought about how everyone in the world lives under the same sky. If nothing else, that is one thing that connects us all. This thought came to me as I was thinking of all the families, teachers, staff, and kids in Newtown, Connecticut. That under the same sky as me exists a community filled with grief, pain, bewilderment along with support, love, and care for one another. It is a powerful realization and feeling, one of connection that I wish the gunman had felt for his fellow community members and even his own family. (This is a photo I took of a sunrise from the cabin in Estes Park. I had this same feeling of this beautiful sky blanketing us all at the time I took the photo. It is a little bit of comfort in a time of sadness and anxiety. That blanket of love that covers us all).

No comments: