Fall

Fall

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

37 in 28 degrees

I had a great birthday weekend! Lots of eating out and being with good people. The weekend began with bookclub on Thursday night, where I spent a lovely evening (until midnight!) with some of the most amazing women I know. We talked about all sorts of meaningful things. Friday night I had dinner at India's with Jen...I rarely see her, so a birthday is a good time to get together. Saturday Robert treated me to Pei Wei. Sunday I went to see the Georgia O'Keefe exhibit at the DAM with my neighbors, and enjoyed some wood fired pizza for dinner. The "big day" was full of special birthday wishes from special people, along with a golf Par 3 in 28 degree weather with Liz (probably the only person I know who would play golf with me in that kind of weather!). The night was topped off with a delicious dinner at 730 South with the family and a few nice gifts, like a gift card to Sports Authority to get new golf clubs! On the course, I fared okay, although here I am after I hit a ball into the sand...
And here I am hitting the ball out of the sand...

All in all, 36 went out pretty fully lived and 37 was welcomed in with all the promises of a good year!

1 comment:

Mailornish said...

Happy Birthday friend! Sorry to have missed the actual day but hopefully we can catch up soon.