Fall

Fall

Saturday, February 16, 2013

The way to the heart...

...is with a carrot.

I had my first "solo" feeding at the animal assited therapy farm today. Not only was feeding involved but poor Misty had hurt herself and needed eye drop medication throughout the day. I admit, I was a little nervous with this being my first all by myself. But then I realized that I have two massive dogs, who often don't have any manners, to care for. I have been through a cancer scare, with Chester wearing that stupid cone for weeks; I have been through ear drops for ear infections, as well as Stan's arthritis and all the medications and issues for that. So, giving Misty some eye drops actually was a breeze. I didn't even need to bridle her.

Well, I suppose I should give some props to my wing man, the carrot stick. I brought a few and they made my feeding and medication life so much easier! Cody, the big horse, is a bit of a carrot hog so I had to make sure either he was not around when I was bribing the mini horses, or he was in his own pen. Stormy (the mini-horse love of my life) was a bit demanding when it came to his carrots. He would stomp his hoof on the ground and sniff around my pockets.

I cleaned up some poop...you know the saying "you don't s*@t where you eat"...and I walked around the pen with Stormy. I gave special attention to Misty and the goats. Cody and I had some sarcastic banter here and there. All in all, a great day on the farm!

Below is Dahlia, wondering if sweet grain gets spewed from the camera lens...

My beloved Stormy...Kinda reminds me of Stan...


Mr Cody behind bars...


A hard day's work...


Caught in the act!


The barn


1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.