Fall

Fall

Friday, March 22, 2013

A minute or two in nature

This morning as I was getting the boys ready for their walk I saw the sunrise. It just peeked out of the clouds for a minute, but I managed to capture a picture of it...


I found today that I needed a small dose of nature, and not the Washington Park kind. So, I headed to my favorite short-trip spot at Lair of the Bear Open Space. I walked along Bear Creek and enjoyed the crisp smells of the wind and I listened to all the sounds of spring-a rushing creek, birds chirping, the wind blowing. It was just what the doctor ordered to finish up a busy spring break week and getting ready for my final quarter. I love this picture because it shows that against the gray there are these beautiful yellow branches...


Sometimes I try to snap pictures of myself...


And sometimes I try to capture a moment in my memory. I thought I would share with you this lovely short video of the rushing creek, along with it a lovely quote about nature, for you to take 20 seconds to breathe...


 


“Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts. There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature -- 
the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after winter.” -Rachel Carson

No comments: