Fall

Fall

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Chicken n' Waffles

I know, I know...it doesn't sound that good. Or it sounds like a heart attack waiting to happen. But waffles in and of them selves are just regular batter made into a waffle, so it is like having chicken and biscuits or something.  For some reason lately I have been wanting chicken and waffles. I finally got it tonight at The Corner Office. Jen, her sister-in-law Eva and I went there for dinner before seeing The Blue Man Group at the Buell. Lo and behold on the menu is chicken and waffles. I went for it. And it was good. It was too much food so I only ate half, but savor is the better word. Literally, it is a Belgian waffle, with 4 pieces of fried chicken on top, along with a side of syrup. It was really good. I did see a Restaurant Impossible episode where Robert Irvine made his recipe and it included a jalapeno cream cheese/butter for the the waffle. So, here is my ideal plate: A nice, thick Belgian waffle, two fried chicken tenders on top (so I can cut through without the bone), and on the waffle a nice spread of jalapeno butter or cream cheese. I would add just a bit of real maple syrup but not too much along the top of it all. Yummy! Blue Man Group was fun, too. I had never seen them in action and it was very stimulating. I got to dance off some of those chicken and waffles, too, during the show which was a bonus!

Photo courtesy of The Corner Office

No comments: