Fall

Fall

Monday, April 15, 2013

First things first...

I really want to know when April showers will bring spring flowers...I am totally over this snowy, really cold weather. Last weekend I had gotten the bug and planted some pots with pansies, and of course by today they look wilted and sad. I am also really tired of wanting to take a nap around this time of the afternoon because of how gloomy it is outside...I would rather want to go for a walk or something! Okay, enough complaining. At least we are getting that much needed moisture whose absence will lead to brown, dry lawns this summer.

I had a lovely night with Frank and Mary Margaret on Friday at the Ship's Tavern downtown. They are  the real thing...those people you just want to spend hours with.

Yesterday I had my first Reiki session. Reiki works with energy...we are all energetic beings, after all. We want to think we are flesh and organs with a soul, but we are energy. Sometimes our energy gets stuck or blocked and a Reiki session will work that energy out of blocked areas so that energy can flow freely. My previous boss at Regis-Barbara-is now a Reiki Master (Shameless plug: Here is her website http://www.sourceenergyreiki.com/) and so I decided to give it a go. I was feeling like I needed an energy shift since I am beginning upon new transition and change once I graduate from DU. She worked her magic and by the end I was visualizing walking with a horse (Of course he looked like Cody from the therapy farm) along an empty beach with the ocean eating up our feet and hoofs. As the session concluded I found myself laughing...hysterically...for about 10 minutes. I couldn't stop. She said it is one of many reactions people have (ranging from crying to having to use the bathroom) and that I was releasing some of the blocked energy through laughter. Which makes sense...living alone I don't laugh very often, unless I see a funny TV show or something. So I guess laughter has been sitting inside me and needed to be released! Today I felt lighter, and found myself laughing with a classmate about something (okay, at the expense of one of our teachers if I am going to be honest) as well as just not taking everything too seriously. It felt so good.

Robert is turning 40 next week. Earth Day. We are having a family dinner at La Loma. No pomp and circumstance, and as much as I want to shower him with black balloons, a crazy surprise party and a mariachi band, he is just hoping for a quiet celebration. Take note now...I am okay with any of the above for my 40th!

Well, off to tend to another week. The Reiki session has left me feeling pretty creative, though, so I think I will avoid the nap and make something creative. I wish to all of you the beginning to a great week and maybe find something to laugh about!



No comments: