Fall

Fall

Friday, February 13, 2015

39

Well, my 39th birthday came and went. Every day is a day closer to 40. However, I think 40 is going to my decade! I hear good things about the 40's. I celebrated the last year in the 30's pretty simply. It was a beautiful day and so I drove to Barr Lake State Park for a little adventure. Driving out East reminded me of how much I do like being in "the country" with the open spaces and the farm animals. I will have to drive that way again this spring to see all the babies getting born. I remember what a special experience that was when I lived in Montrose. I had never been to this park before and it was nice and peaceful. There is a wildlife refuge and I saw a hawk circling the sky-gliding so peacefully. I enjoyed the sparse feeling of the park in winter.





I went to Williams and Sonoma and bought a beautiful Le Creuset baking dish with some Christmas gift cards, and then got my car thoroughly washed with another gift card to the car wash. Mom, Dad and Robert took me to my favorite Mexican food restaurant La Loma and then we had brownies, cookies and ice cream at the house. I stayed the night, so put on my jammies and we watched some television together. 

This weekend I am celebrating with my friends at a birthday brunch I am hosting. I wanted to do something, but nothing too extravegent, so I think it is the perfect way to celebrate.

I did get a job, so another 10 before 40 is completed. I am working as a program assistant at Sacred Heart House, a women's/kids shelter downtown. My job is really diverse, and is going to keep me very busy. I manage volunteers and support the women in the "Follow Up Program" who have moved out of the shelter but need extra resources. The job is 25 hrs/week so perfect with the part-time work model I wanted to develop for myself. This way, I will have space and time to do other things that I enjoy, giving me that well-rounded lifestyle I have been hoping for.

Wishing all I love a Happy Valentine's Day! 



No comments: