Fall

Fall

Monday, February 9, 2015

My first 10 before 40 fully completed

I wrote in a previous post that I chose to abbreviate one of my goals for before 40 and attended a short, not a full weekend, retreat. Thanks to the generosity of my family for my birthday, and the generosity of my mentor and retreat leader providing a scholarship, I was able to attend the Courage and Renewal Winter Retreat at the Franciscan Retreat Center in Colorado Springs. I got there on Friday and left Sunday, and in between experienced some amazing realizations, transformations, heart openings, and met really interesting people. I am going to leave it at that and say no more because words are often not sufficient in discussing what happens during a retreat. I will say that the deer were plentiful, the wind a metaphor I got to wrestle with, and Winter and I have developed a different relationship than before, leading to a more positive direction. I did go into a Yoga Nidra session one night and the mantra that came to me was "Experience the Moment." Not "Be in the Moment" as at that moment I felt it was too passive a statement, but "Experience" felt more alive. In the spirit of "Experiencing the Moment" I stole this exercise from a dear friend's blog and here is what I am experiencing:

Making : A lot of decisions
Cooking : Pork chops, asparagus, baguette
Drinking : La Croix peach and pear fizzy water
Reading : "Discovering your Soul Signature" by Panache Desai
Obsessing: Over my retreat experience
Looking : A little disheveled having woken from a nap
Playing : NPR 
Wishing : That I could get paid to go on retreats
Enjoying : This exercise
Waiting : For the sun to set
Liking : The term "life affirming"
Wondering : How it will all play out
Loving : My family
Pondering : A poem about winter's darkness
Considering : What tomorrow will bring
Watching : Downton Abbey
Hoping : That I will like this mustard cheese I bought today
Marveling : At how good yoga makes me feel
Needing : The purple blanket my mom crocheted for me
Smelling : Like fresh laundry
Wearing : My jammies
Following : Mastin Kipp at http://thedailylove.com
Wanting : To live soulfully
Noticing : That laughter is healing
Knowing : That everything works out the way it is supposed to if I get out of my own way
Thinking : About my upcoming birthday
Feeling : Utter and complete gratitude
Admiring : My best friend and the courage in which she lives her life
Sorting : Through the spring wardrobe
Buying : The right amount of groceries
Getting : Hungry
Bookmarking : Warm Cookies of the Revolution
Disliking : Judging harshly
Feeling : Like "Every day above ground is a good day" (Pitbull)

No comments: