Fall

Fall

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Coming into her own

I had no idea about a month ago that my timid, shy, somewhat skittish girl would start becoming a playful, hilarious, and puppy-like little ham! I rarely have the camera ready to take some video of her random spurts of playfulness. I was ready for a few today! And I would like to point out a small, but meaningful detail…Rene's tail is wagging! It has pretty much lived in the state of curled under since I got her, but now her confidence is building and so has her tail moved from curled under to standing up!


She has a few "stuffies" I call them and she will "go get em" at random times



I got some "pink camo" fleece to make her a coat and a blanket, which she likes to carry around from room to room



After a walk in the rain, she loves to dry off with my bedspread



She loves looking outside to see what friends are out there or what bunnies she can dream about chasing

Like Rene, I am coming into my own, too! I am finally settled into my new job. I like working part-time, even though I have to be more careful about how I spend my money. I love my mornings-Rene and I go somewhere every day together, whether it be a park, to Petsmart, or maybe to Grandpa and Grandma's to explore the yard. I still volunteer at the hospice on Tuesdays, and love the supportive and caring environment I find every time I go…I even got to bring Rene last week! My social life is pretty quiet these days…evenings I try to get home right after work to take care of my girl, and weekends leave me enjoying the laziness of it all. I am sure once this rainy weather is over, Rene and I will have lots of interesting adventures to write about this summer! She has a very energetic spirit. We go to the park right by the condo, and she walks in the tall grass and pops out like some explorer who just found something awesome. And the condo…I just love it! It has been such a perfect place for me to settle into a happy homebody. I am now just waiting to feel like we are over the cold spell before planting some container gardens on my balcony. Rene and I were definitely meant to be together, enhancing each other's lives in ways we didn't know were possible. Thank you, Universe!


No comments: