Fall

Fall

Thursday, June 16, 2016

A self inflicted retreat

Right now, one of the biggest challenges as I get my life coach business started is figuring out what to do with my day and how to tackle things I want to accomplish. My mind can go from here to there, and I will start a project only to start another project and have a number of things going at once. I decided today to take myself and Rene on a little retreat. I brought my notebooks, some questions to think about, my calendar for planning out next week, and thought some time out in the nice day would help me feel more focused. We went to Lair of the Bear Park and took a little walk. Of course, it was hot and crowded and didn't have a "retreat" feel to it, but we managed to find a little place where we could duck away, along Bear Creek, and have our own time together. Rene played in the water, but I didn't let her go out too far for fear she would get whisked away by the moving creek.



One of the things I love about being in nature are the old ranch fences. Here is one in Lair of the Bear….

We went up to Evergreen to sit near the lake so I could do my writing and planning. We did, and found it incredibly busy as well. We tried to settle in at a picnic table in the shade, only to have our space invaded by a school bus of kids on an outing. Rene was uncomfortable with so many children around, so we packed up and headed back down the canyon. We decided to go to Chatfield, and there found ourselves in the peace and quiet we were hoping for. We parked on the south east side by the camp ground, took out the travel chair and a blanket, and sat in some peace and quiet to do some writing and planning. 


Needless to say, it wasn't a perfect "retreat day" but I got the thinking and planning done I wanted to do, and some quality time with the grey Rene. So, it ended up being a good day after all!


No comments: