Fall

Fall

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Some favorite things

There are lots of little things that make me happy…these are just a few of my favorites!


My "Southwestern" Wall in my bedroom


But of course! The Grey Rene…my all time favorite


My balcony in the summer! It gets sun in the morning but then shade the rest of the day


My little "Solarium" where my plants live comfortably in the sunshine from my patio door


Cooking! I just love it. I feel healthy and well nurtured when I make myself good things.
This above photo is of my fresh, summer cucumber soup! Perfect to make after a trip to the farmer's market and could be a vegan/gluten free meal:

2 large cucumbers, seeded and coarsely chopped
2 roma tomatoes, diced
2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1 garlic clove
4 jalapeño slices (more or less depending on your taste for heat!)
Salt and pepper
The juice and zest of one lime
Sprigs of cilantro (however much you like)
Basil leaves (however much you like)

Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor; blend until smooth
Refrigerate for one hour before enjoying.
 Tastes great with some crisp, toasted garlic bread 
or some hearty tortilla chips!


These are my healthy kale chips! I buy a big bag of think, curly kale that is already triple washed at the grocery store. That way, it is already washed and dried and won't come out soggy.

1 package curly kale, already washed and ready to eat
Coconut oil cooking spray (or any cooking spray of your choice)
Salt, pepper, and all your other favorite spices!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread the kale over a baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray evenly over pieces. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and all your favorite seasonings (here I used paprika, salt, garlic powder, ground cumin and a little bit of cayenne pepper!)
Bake for 10-15 minutes or until crispy.

These are just a few of my favorite things….what are a few of yours?



No comments: