Fall

Fall

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy 8 years Mike!


Dear Mike:
Today is our 8 year anniversary. I think we got through the 7 year itch okay so it is downhill from here, right? I remember when we first met. You sat next to me in Lucy's class-Law, Politics and Justice. I remember looking at your Nike tennis shoes (What, Nike's? Aren't they committing human rights abuses overseas??) but then admired what nice legs you had (still do). We have been through a lot...living in Glenwood, new jobs and leaving jobs, your time in Antarctica, and the dreaded cancer (which is a lifetime of experience all rolled up into one). Sometimes I think we have gone through more than people who have been married for 25 years. When it comes right down to it, though, I wouldn't have chosen a different path. You bring me so much happiness, and you are my best friend. I enjoy spending time with you and I love our life together. So, here's to a lifetime more of these anniversaries. I love you. Love, Melanie

No comments: