Fall

Fall

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Countdown begins!

I feel like I can officially start counting down to Paris! We leave this Sunday and get in Monday morning. I am dreaming of what it will be like. I heard from a student who is in the military overseas that the weather has been good (in Germany at least) and so hopefully Paris will hold out for us. Here is my checklist of things to do...
1. Get new walking shoes-a pair that does not scream tourist!
2. Get something to read...The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao is the book club pick and so I think I may read that, but it needs to be good to capture my attention
3. I need to get my sunglasses adjusted-they are falling off my face!
4. I need a new watch even though I am tempted to not wear one and truly let this be a freeing experience
5. I need to make my IPOD Paris mix
6. Listen diligently to my French language CD that Susan made for me
(Bonjour, Merci are all I know...)
There is a ton more to do but these are my most urgent 6. I did have a funny hotel reservation situation. When I reserved our hotel (Hotel Muguet: http://www.hotelparismuguet.com/)via email the woman said she did not have a room for the first night we were there. I asked for any recommendations and she wrote back "we will get you a room." Well, I wasn't too trusting in that, and I couldn't call her for more explanation, so I reserved another hotel for that first night. I emailed to confirm to both hotels and she wrote back, "We have a room for you the first night, too." So, I scrambled around to make sure I could cancel the other, which I can, but it just reminded me that in Paris I will be out of my neat and tidy comfort zone. I can't wait though! This trip is much needed for both of us.

1 comment:

Rickster said...

Ha, showed up in Greece and they said they never heard of me. Luckily, I had their email. Take some proof :)