Fall

Fall

Monday, October 6, 2008

The weekend seemed long

I find that the weekend seems a lot longer when I do a lot of different things. This weekend was packed full of fun stuff. Friday night I took Mike out to sushi and then to see a performance at Swallow Hill. He got to meet (and vice versa) my good friend Karen who read some poetry (which was beautiful). I was sandwiched in between these two wonderful people-hubby and Karen-for part of the night and couldn't have been happier. Saturday, Mike and I ran errands and then had a delicious brunch at University Park Cafe. I met my teacher Kristi to discuss our AAACE presentation in November. I capped the evening off with a blissful "ladies night" at my friend Debbie's house. A group of young women from Regis get together once a month for friendship and professional support and I look forward to this dinner every time. In Italian Debbie style, we had pasta putanesca and roasted chicken-it was delicious. Sunday, Liz and I walked the 7am Race for the Cure. It was different than the 8:30 walk and I liked it a lot-all women and not as crowded. Liz and I got to have undivided time together to catch up-I am so lucky to have her as a friend. I went to brunch with my brother and Kendra at the Hornet, and then Mike and I hung out the rest of the afternoon. I love it when the weekend feels longer than the actual 2days really are.

No comments: