Fall

Fall

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Take me out to the ballgame and other stuff


Last Friday Liz and I went to our second annual Rockies home opener game. This is a tradition I really like! We had good seats-they were on the 3rd level facing the outfield behind home base, so we could see everything. Some of Liz' co-workers were there, too, and we just sat, drank beer, ate peanuts and chatted. It was a beautiful day and the Rockies won!

These next few weekends will be some time to get away. This weekend, I am returning to those hotsprings in Saratoga, WY. Out of the hotsprings I have been to in Colorado, I like this one in WY quite a bit. The lodge is nice, and the price includes the pool and hotsprings. It isn't a public hotsprings so the only pool patrons are the lodge guests. This time of year, it is still chilly in WY and there is nothing better than sitting in hotsprings when it is cool outside. I have lots of reading to do as well, and perhaps take a jog around the path of the lodge's golfcourse. Chester and Stan are going to stay at a kennel. We are all tripping over each other lately, and slightly annoyed at each other, so I think it will be good that I don't have to wake up at 5am with them for a few days!

The following weekend, Liz and I are going to go to San Antonio. I have never been but she has, and we are staying at the Hyatt on the Riverwalk. I was in the mood for a close destination, but one out of state, and Liz suggested we go there together. We will shop, sit by the pool, take the water taxi and visit the Alamo. I am really looking forward to it!

Then it is time to focus on the house. Paint the porch. Clean the windows. Do yardwork. I am getting my backyard re-landscaped and the patio pavers fixed all due to the septic pipe issue. I am going to add more gardens in the yard, with bushes and perennials. It should be a nice oasis in the city!

1 comment:

Jeannie (Jiji) McCarron said...

I sense an energy shift in your writing, Mel. I continue to be amazed by your strength and your willingness to experiment and be with the world. This will only lead to good things. And, you deserve all the good this world has to offer. Can't wait to hear about your trip!!!