Fall

Fall

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Inspiration

I was inspired today visiting Lorrie. She is staying at my friend Pam's place while Pam is in Antarctica. I went over to talk about our project for the Colorado Coalition for the Homeless and she also treated me to a delicious lunch with salad, French bread and cookies. While food always inspires me, I was really inspired by her use of space. Lorrie has been creating and in every room there was a stamp or signature of her creative ways-a sewing machine with an almost made tunic for her grand-daughter; a bedroom with a lovely collage of blue on the floor; another bedroom with bits and pieces of artistic materials strewn on the floor. I wanted glue, scissors, a pair of sweatpants and a paintbrush so I could take all of this artistic lovliness and make something out of it. I left with a large ziploc bag full of stuff-painted tissue paper, printed quotes, stickers, ribbon, canvas...but then when I get home, to my small house inhabited by me and my three large dogs I realize I have no such space...to create. My office is in transition, so perhaps that will become my space. But a thought occurred to me...what if I sold my house, bought a house with more rooms, and that is where Lorrie and I can set up shop for our art program. Ahhhh....yet another idea to throw into the decision making wheel of life. Already, another local women's housing community wants us to start an art program. She and I are also going to try our hand at selling our creations at some upcoming art markets. So, why not trade this space for something more functional? So, in the blender of decision making I will throw this idea, along with a move to Portland for graduate school, along with a million more ideas...until I can make something palatable.

No comments: