Fall

Fall

Monday, September 6, 2010

Where did the week go?

I can't believe the week has just flown by, and that we just celebrated the unofficial end of summer this weekend. I do love Indian Summer, though. We will still get those beautiful 80 degree days. My grass is still green and I don't have to rake...just yet. But I am feeling that restlessness a season change can bring. I do think it is now time to look for a job-something part-time that I can enjoy but not take it home with me at night. I am thinking retail, but am open to any suggestions.

Lorrie and I have been having a very engaging art program these past few weeks. Our friend Mary has been coming as well as a woman that works at the shelter who is teaching everyone the art of mosaics. It has been nice to step back a little bit and spend one-on-one time with certain women, just talking and laughing and sharing stories. The art program has been such an enriching experience in my life-being able to connect with women who have so much less material goods than I do, but are rich in heart, compassion and caring for others...it truly has been a one-of-a-kind experience.

No comments: