Fall

Fall

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Going out of business


(photo courtesy of the internet)

If there is one thing that makes me sad, it is a bookstore going out of business. The Waldenbooks in Cherry Creek is closing its doors, and I do hope that is not an indication of the future of bookstores. There is nothing like browsing the shelves of every topic imaginable, pulling up a stool or chair and flipping through pages of books. I was in a minor book funk recently until Too Much Happiness by Alice Munro came to be by way of book club, and I fell in love with all the stories. Now I am on a kick:

Eckhart Tolle: A New Earth
Rhoda Janzen: Mennonite in a Little Black Dress
Elizabeth Kostova: Swan Thieves
and...Twilight (a new book club read)

There are still tons of fiction books left at the bookstore, and now everything is 50% off. So, in case you have the fear like I do that turning actual pages of a book will become extinct, you may want to stock up.

Guess what I am off to do right now on this quiet, cold and snowy day?

No comments: