Fall

Fall

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Under 21 Jumpstreet

Max Schultz and I have a date every quarter or so. The last time we hung out one-on-one we went to the Wings Over the Rockies museum. Both of us always look forward to our two or so hours together-he is such a sweetheart and I think we make a good team. Today we went to Jumpstreet on Arapahoe Road. It is an indoor trampoline park, with huge trampolines to jump on, trampoline dodgeball, a human maze and an obstacle course. I admit...I was a bit nervous at first. Not only was I afraid I would lose him in the crowd, I was afraid of my abilities on a trampoline. Luckily, most activities were crowded with kids, and Max is a little socialite and he made some friends. But, I did venture onto one of the trampolines and had a ball jumping up and down. If I didn't feel like such a dork amongst all the cool kids I would have tried to do a running kartwheel or something. I didn't want to make a total fool of myself so I just got on and off, jumping here and there, jumping with Max and then watching this teenager do amazing flips off the sides of the trampoline. I do think they need to have "adult hour" where adults only get on the trampolines and make fools of themselves, without the fear of trampling all over a kid. Because kids at places like this have no fear, and adults like me do.

No comments: