Fall

Fall

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Acceptance

Saturday I went to a friend's house for a jewlery party and tarot card readings. It was fun...I usually don't go to things like this but I hadn't seen that friend in a while. I was also allured by the whole tarot card reading thing as well. I did end up buying some Silpada earrings-I love that jewlery and couldn't resist. I had my tarot cards read, too. The reader, Marla, saw that my path was clear. She said, "I sense you have been working through some things, but now your path is clear." She felt a lot of activity in April, May and June, and then it quiets for a bit. Marla did warn that I need to go with the flow more and not try to control things-to stay connected with spirit.

Afterward, I felt good about the reading. My path to becoming a social worker is clear-I know that is what I want. I am also taking the summer off, so the activity she foretold is most likely the busy registration time at the community college and then the quiet will be my time off in the summer. I am aware I don't always go with the flow so she gave me a good reminder.

I came home from the party feeling refreshed, having spent some time with women who inspire me. In the mail was an envelope from DU. I put my purse down, and before feeding the boys their dinner I opened the envelope. Inside was my acceptance letter to the MSW program. I was so excited-I called my family, Meg and Aimee. I emailed friends who I knew would be supportive and excited. I posted to Facebook. I felt at peace with the entire day, and reflected on how earlier that day some premonitions were made that ended up becoming real. That this path is clear. And it is mine.

No comments: