Fall

Fall

Friday, February 25, 2011

Chester

It has been a pretty mellow week around the McClanahan household. The only true excitement was Monday night when I hosted my 2nd book club. It was a small group but I really enjoy the ladies who are a part of this club. We managed to eat, drink and chat all the while watching one member's new baby laugh and smile. I tend to overestimate the abilities of Chester and Stan to be good boys, though, when I entertain. I gave them both these huge rawhides to chew in order to keep them busy. For Chester, though, that wasn't enough. One member made homemade banana bread that was out of this world. Chester couldn't resist and practically jumped up on the dining room table to get some. When I put the plate in the kitchen and resumed the gathering in the living room, he jumped up on the counter and ate half the bread. I felt so bad about the bread, but even worse about how Chester was acting.

The only other non-mellow activity around this house is the morning ritual. Chester has been getting up at 4am, so I let the dogs outside and then back to bed. At 5am he is whining for his breakfast. At 6am he is whining for his rawhide. And at 7am he is whining for a walk. It seems like all the attention he gets is in the morning.

Why can't I have two boys this well behaved? (Oh, and I learned with a video that you double click on it and it will come up full screen!)

No comments: