Fall

Fall

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Winding down

I had a very lovely weekend. Friday night I got an order of fajitas to go from a little Mexican restaurant by my dry cleaners. I picked up some work pants and decided to try out Las Brisas and it did not disappoint. Everything was so flavorful, from the chips and salsa to the meat and veggies. After indulging myself, I headed to Meg's to watch The Girl With the Dragon Tatoo and it didn't disappoint, either. Yesterday I had my hair done by my magical Anna at Sisto's Salon downtown. I grocery shopped, and then read Twilight. I met up with some friends to meet their men for the first time. Today I cleaned, and then treated myself to Blue Valentine, which was a very good movie. It was depressing, yes, but so real and artfully done. It is a reminder that life is unpredictable and can't be fit into neat and tidy boxes.

Now I am in bed and ready to devour the rest of Twilight. I never read the books or saw the movies of this series, but it is our book club pick this month and rightfully so. Diving into a book about vampires and teenage love is a great way to wind down the weekend.

No comments: