Fall

Fall

Monday, June 25, 2012

Wilderness 2012

I got home yesterday after a week at Wilderness Ranch. It is a truly special place! This year I stayed most of the week, which means I took a lot of naps, read a lot, and hung out with some great people. Here is my little cabin called "Pyramid"along with the view from my porch: Here is some Wilderness scenery: This is as close as I will ever get to Johnny Depp. His upcoming movie, "The Lone Ranger", was being filmed in Creede near the mine: One day, the whole Schultz/Tarman gang went to Freeman's to ride horses. Jess, Big Pa, Olive, Julian and I went to watch as they went up the trail: One night, Jess, Leah, Big Pa and I went to Road Canyon Reservoir to fish. I am not very good at fishing, but it was fun being on the lake on the boat. I didn't even know such a beautiful lake existed! Finally, Saturday I left the ranch to go to Leadville and spent a little time in Mikey's favorite town. First, I stopped at Twin Lakes. Another beautiful spot in Colorado! It was a great week away, spending time with some special people in a special place!

No comments: