Fall

Fall

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Estes with the Fam

I went to one of my favorite places of all time, the YMCA camp in Estes Park, with my family the past few days. Thursday, mom, dad and I along with Ches and Stan met at the visitor center and walked the riverwalk in Estes. We then checked in to the YMCA cabin and was so impressed by how big it was, as well as the fact that it had everything we needed. We settled in, had a little "happy hour" of chips and salsa, and then made dinner. After dinner, mom and dad took a little drive and the boys and I hung out. When they came back, I tried to teach them cribbage (it is a very complicated game!) and then we opted for Gin Rummy. Robert came up on Friday and we all drove to Rocky Mountain National Park where we walked a little trail called The Alluvial Fan. We came back to the cabin and had lunch. I was tired so I took a nap; Robert headed into town; and mom and dad relaxed. We then met Robert in town, walked around, and had dinner at Ed's Cantina. We got ice cream and popcorn after (where I left my popcorn someplace downtown) and then headed back to the cabin. Mom and I picked up some cinnamon rolls for the morning, and then went to a little concert while Robert and dad relaxed. We headed home today, filled with a lot of relaxation and good time spent together. Chester and Stanley had a good time, but they are really tired. Stanley spent most of the trip reinforcing the perimeter...he followed everyone around, making sure if someone left they would come back. They both had a good night's sleep night night. Here is me on the porch:
Here is a picture of Ches and Stan. I made them wear bandanas so they could get extra attention when we walked on the riverwalk:
Here is Stan pondering life:
This was a sunrise from our cabin balcony:
Finally, a good old fashioned family portrait!

No comments: