Fall

Fall

Sunday, August 12, 2012

It's awfully tough to be a lab

Labs are adorable as puppies, regal as adults, and the sweetest breed when it comes to getting along with others, whether that means two-legged tall creatures, two legged short people, or four legged friends. And, sometimes this sweet nature can get them into trouble, unbeknownst to them. Chester and Stanley (and I) have a neighbor who loves dogs. She showers me with dog books, leaves treats on the front porch, and praises my two handsome boys every time we see her. She has two Irish Setters, but I don't see her with them as much as she sees me with my boys. She always goes to Whole Foods in the morning to get coffee and read. I was walking the boys that way this morning when we saw her. I tried to be subtle so that they wouldn't drag me to her, but once they realized they were mere moments away from pets and praise, they jumped up and down and started running to her. Except, Chester didn't see this iron fence pole (and neither did I) and ran right into it. That didn't stop him, he shook it off and went right to her for his lovin. Then I noticed that he was bleeding from his right eye! The fence post got the best of him, I suppose. We came home and I washed his eye, put some neosporin on his wound and gave him a chew. Sometimes, Chester gets in his own way! **Update: I heard Stanley barking after my shower. Lo and behold, our lovely neighbor left the boys a huge bag of different dog treats. It is tough to be a lab, indeed!

No comments: