Fall

Fall

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

You had me at the kitchen

I haven't written about my house hunting because, well, it seemed a tad exhausting. I didn't really know what I wanted, my real estate agent wasn't really all that helpful, and I ended up getting excited about properties that needed new shingles, new gutters, and entirely new garages. After a home inspection where my real estate guy told me countless times he "had a guy for that" for the countless things that needed to be fixed in the home, I decided it was time to take another tactic.

I always feel that shifting the energy when things aren't feeling right is the way to go. I don't always practice that, I often fall into complacency or "I guess that is the way it is" kind of mentality...but just a small energetic shift can really altar your reality. So, I decided to change search criteria from "detached home" and "town home" to include condos.

Now, I don't consider myself a particularly prejudice person against buildings with space for many people inside, but I always picture condos as those re-done apartment buildings in Capital Hill. Those buildings that went from "apartment" to "condo" overnight and the cost went from $700/month to $200,000 purchase price.

However, after many online searches and some in person showings of houses and townhomes that never made it near making the cut, I decided to expand the search, expand the energy, to condos.

And I found her. Here she is: 8165 E Lowry Blvd #107






She is a real beauty. She was built in 2007 so everything is relatively updated. Today we got an almost perfect inspection. On December 30th, keys are given in exchange for the wired funds or cashier check. And then she is all mine.

I love the Lowry neighborhood. Mike and I wanted to live there but we couldn't afford what we wanted. The shops are really fun, there are a number of good quality restaurants, a lot of walking trails, a dog park nearby (Dogs are welcome in my building, of course, I had to make sure of that!), and it is close to work, my family, visits to Fairmount Cemetery (yes, only I get excited about being near the Cemetery) and friends.

Did I mention that this condo had me at the kitchen?

I have been searching for a while to finally, once again, feel like I am home. Actually I can pinpoint the time: December of 2008, when Mike met me at the Cherry Creek Mall Mac store to buy our first Mac computer as our collective present, and he looked green and gray and was on the verge of all health hell breaking loose, and I didn't say anything because it was Christmas and all...I finally, now, once again, after over 5 years of trying to feel it, feel like I have really found my home.

And it feels so, so good.

No comments: