Fall

Fall

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

It is done!

Yesterday, I closed on the condo! It has been a week of a few nightmares. The first hovered around wiring the money from my savings account. That dream was very odd, something about a guy who broke into my car, stole my purse and my credit/debit cards. The second dream was around the closing itself. During the walk through, I found the past owner not having moved out yet, she was a gal I knew from graduate school, she had the dishwasher removed, and she was crying as I was yelling at her about the dishwasher.

Thankfully, all went well, the money got to the title company, the woman who previously owned the place had everything out and left it all in decent shape, and she was not someone I knew. Yesterday I took Mom and Dad there to see it; this morning, I showed my friend Kristin. Tomorrow my brother will help me take a bunch of stuff from Mom and Dad's over there, and I have employed him to check the smoke alarms and help me move a curtain because the ceilings are so high. Friday I get the small bedroom carpet cleaned, Mom and I are cleaning the place, and I am getting my new dining room table delivered. Saturday is moving day, and then slowly next week getting everything into place.

I am just so thrilled! I love the place, I love the Lowry area, I love my underground parking space (no snow to brush off!) and I can't wait to make it all my own. I decided, though, rather than an open house party I will have various friends over for the months of January and February. Parties are fun, but I get so overwhelmed I can never talk to people for a long time. So, look for your invitation to dinner or appetizers sometime soon!


No comments: