Fall

Fall

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Settling in

This last week I spent most of my time unpacking. I have one more large project to go, which is going through my office supplies, art supplies, and other miscellaneous things and putting those away. The condo doesn't have a ton of storage space, but it has this little nook in the kitchen where my computer goes along with cabinets to store various paperwork-ey things. Once that is done, most everything will have been put away.

I am settling in, though not sleeping as well as I would like. I like to think I am resilient when it comes to change, but I do need time to process change. The other day I slept almost until 9am! Obviously my body needs to rest after all the changes in the past 3 months, so I can't fault it for that.

My favorite part of my condo is my little desk/book nook complete with a small gallery wall of pictures. I made all the collages which flank my beloved "Fleurs" painting and my books are piled on either side of the desk. Some may think it looks a tad cluttered, but for me this condo is my sacred space filled with everything I love. It is a warm hug when I come in from the outside.

I don't have cable or Internet yet, but Comcast has a complimentary one hour a day hot spot that I have been logging into. Cable should be here next week, and then I can start watching my shows again...Food Network, HGTV, and of course my Lifetime movies. I have christened the place with dinners made for friends, last night with a new friend Nancy from that one job I was at for a month, and tonight the Schultz clan will be here. Mom and I have already had cups of tea sitting at the island. Very soon we will have taco night here so that Robert and Dad can also see how the decorating shaped up.

Speaking of sleep, I think a nap is in order in my cozy bedroom. Nancy stayed until almost midnight...we had a great time getting to know each other better, gossiping about life, and even tried to take pictures in the dark to see if there were any phantom spirit orbs noticeable in the picture just in case there are spirits living around here. We didn't capture anything, but it was sure an interesting thing to try!

No comments: