Fall

Fall

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Lowry

I love it here. In Lowry. Here's why.
  • My condo is tiny, but all that I need. East side facing, the sunrises are sublime. The sky is vast and the property is quiet. 
  • I walk outside and there is something new to explore. Did you know about the Westerly Creek Dam? It is less than a quarter of a mile away. A very nice walking trail, high enough to have views both East and West. And, the other day I went on a walk and ended up in this little green space that had the Lowry Little Free Library in it. There is the Great Lawn Park with a few miles of walking trails, and the Highline trail just on the other side of Alameda. Lots of places to explore, find solitude, and also find people enjoying the day.
  • The grocery store is 5 mins away, within walking distance if need be. 
  • I feel like Lowry is a cocoon. I go into the wild world of the Denver Metro area, I come into Lowry knowing that all will be well and easy and comforting.
  • My neighbors are nice and care for the property well; But I don't have to socialize if I don't feel like it. And until I get my own dog, everyone has one so I get to say "hi" to four leggeds often.
  • Colorado Free University is nearby as is the Swallow Hill Lowry Branch. Also, The Soiled Dove Underground is close for live music if I am so moved. 
  • The Schlessman Library branch is amazing! Just a few blocks away, it is open 7 days a week. Computers are always available and there is a good, busy community vibe to it.
  • Lowry has history. I am quite a pacifist, but the military history is of note. The Wings Over the Rockies Museum highlights this history, and also my strange fascination with aircraft even though flying makes me anxious. This museum means so much to me, as Mike and I had wonderful times there (with Max in tow, once, when he was four, and then with me when he was probably seven). 
  • It is the perfect balance of solitude and social. Not as social as the Clarkson house, not as silent as the Montrose country home, but the perfect in-between.

No comments: