Fall

Fall

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Culinary Experiences


My friend Kristin introduced me to a group of fun ladies to spend one Saturday a month eating at a creative, unique, or new restaurant. Last month we ate at Sushi Train off Hampden, where they use a little train to send your sushi orders if you are sitting at the bar. It was a tad kitchy but fun, and the all you can eat menu did not disappoint.

This month, it was my turn to pick and I chose for us to visit Work & Class, which we did last night. Talk about a really great dining experience! It is a small restaurant, with big flavors, excellent service, and not too expensive prices. There were 6 of us, and the wait was going to be almost 2 hours, but we luckily found this little empty table in the corner of the heated patio which was offered to us. We shared  a few appetizers, chose 3 meat dishes for the table, had a few delicious sides and topped it off with a shared chocolate bread pudding. It wasn't too much food where I walked away feeling sickly stuffed, but it was enough that we all got tastes of everything. My faves were the New Jersey Ernie's Meatballs, the red chile braised pork with homemade corn tortillas, and the Brussels sprouts side dish. It was a fun night, and I look forward to the next place where we will explore, which is TBD!




No comments: