Fall

Fall

Thursday, January 15, 2015

The whirlwind is less whirlwindy now

I unpacked the last boxes the other day and got my cable and Internet today. The moving whirlwind is now officially almost over, with the exception of a few small things that need to get fixed. The toilet runs continually and the dishwasher leaks from the bottom. However, I am in that space where the toilet flushes just fine and hand washing dishes isn't so bad, so I will wait a bit to get these things fixed.

Next on the list is the job thing. I have been volunteering at the hospice where I interned my last year in social work school. I have been doing bereavement support calls and will run a grief group in February and March. Some of the staff have given me hope that I could work there part time/as needed, so I am going to wait and see if that pans out. I was also offered "relief staff" at the DV shelter I worked at/interned for my first year. However, I am afraid to accept that position until I have this other thing worked out. Plus, I want to look at other part time options, as I don't know if sitting in a women's shelter all day is the best thing for me. I have a vision of myself working someplace with a lot of energy and connecting with all different people, but I am not sure what that is. So....I am just going to give myself some time and feel things out.

In the meantime, the gray days are lifting and we had some sun today. Last week I felt "heavy" and tired with the gray days, when the sun is back in my life I feel better. And now that the whirlwind feels less whirlwindy, I am hoping that my days will continue to be sunny ones.

No comments: