Fall

Fall

Monday, July 25, 2016

Four

Happy 4th Birthday, my grey Rene!

I have been reflecting on my girl lately, as she and I have been spending quite a bit of time together since I am home a lot more now. I remember when I was driving to meet her at the cell dog training program at Crowley County Correctional Facility, a 2 hour drive south east. I was anxious to meet her, and when I did I remember it wasn't love at first sight from either of us. She was skittish, I was anxious. It is actually surprising I was able to get her into the car without her getting out of her collar and just taking off. I remember when I first got her home, she found her place not in the crate I so lovingly prepared but on the dog bed in the bedroom. She made that her safe place for several days, until she found the couch that is…


Once I got over my anxiety about her anxiety, and learned to take control and be the pack leader, Rene hasn't been far from my side. Since "Gotcha Day" in April 2015 we have grown on each other and are now two peas in a pod. 
We both need our space and are "extroverted introverts". We love a good nap and curling up on the couch watching a TV show or movie. Both of us are routine oriented and we love a good treat whenever we come across something special. We love to take road trips as evidenced by her smile…
And both of us take very good care of our teeth! Look at those pearly whites…

After saying goodbye to Chester and Stan in 2014 after so many years together, I honestly didn't know what dog would steal my heart again. Thanks to my friend Tonda, who suggested looking into greyhounds for adoption, Rene has not only stolen my heart but she has it nestled away somewhere under her favorite blanket.

Rene, I wish us both long, happy and healthy lives side by side for many years to come!

Love, Mama








No comments: