Fall

Fall

Monday, April 7, 2008

An interesting weekend

I had such an interesting weekend, full of ups and downs. Saturday morning Mike and I went to FedEx to pick up his interferon which couldn't be delivered because we weren't home. The woman couldn't find it, blaming the currier for not scanning it back in. Mike was furious, as it is perishable and medicine to keep cancer away. Both this lady and her boss were unsympathetic and unapologetic, but they finally found the package.

We then took Mike's car to get the oil change and took the dogs to this dog park in Englewood called Canine Corral. We had been there once before over a year ago and it isn't my favorite dog park-there are 2 gates to get inside and dogs have to be leashed in the parking lot. If you have heard or seen Chester as we get about one mile from the dog park you will know that he is a freak, barking and whining as if this is the only event in his life worth living for. The thought of leashing him in this state is like thinking to leash a wild boar with no tranquilizers. Mike went to open gates and I let the boys out of the car (no leashes) and they announced their arrival into the dog park. A man (I think he is the Tony Soprano of this dog park) came over and told us the dogs had to be leashed or if the police see us we would get a ticket. We told him, "thank you, now leave us alone." He actually thought we were two different people who, it sounds like, came last weekend and created chaos with their dogs. So, he continued to tell us how he told us this last weekend, and if he has to tell us again he will call the police on us. We ended up leaving and will never, ever go there again.

The highlight of my weekend occurred after this lovely morning on Saturday. Meg picked me up at 1:00 and we went to high tea at the Brown Palace. It was such a treat. Not only is it always just fabulous to hang out with Meg, we settled into our chairs and devoured tea, scones, finger sandwiches and desserts, all the while talking about life. At the end, I got to top off a great tea with seeing Meg's little Mia, who is seriously the cutest little girl I have ever seen. I think this tea turned the rest of the weekend around, as I had fun at a co-worker's party Saturday night and Mike and I were productive Sunday on the kitchen cabinet doors.

The weather was gorgeous too. I wore sandals on our walk yesterday. We watered the lawn and I see buds coming on my lilac bush. I am also in love with the plant Phlox. I put one in my back garden and is green and has pink flowers on it. I love this time of year and all the lovely spring and then summer days ahead!

No comments: