Fall

Fall

Friday, July 11, 2008

Lucky

I think I belong to the best bookclub ever. We have been together for probably about 4 years now? At the inception, our members all knew Meghan (or knew someone who knew Meg)one way or another, except Annalouiza who met Katie on an airplane and Katie invited her to join. I think one reason for our success is this common person...Meg is like a little sun where flowers try to reach as high as they can to bask in the glow. She seems to attract women who are smart, funny, attractive, strong, and overall just good solid women (I am not tooting my own horn or anything here...). We co-hosted at my house last night and it was a huge success! The book, Loving Frank, generated so much discussion about women's rights, feminism, motherhood, choice, empowerment, etc. We ate the richest spinach artichoke dip, and indulged in black Russian chocolate bundt cake. We drank organic wines, listened to music and enjoyed being outside. I feel so lucky to have joined this bookclub-I find myself calmer and more grounded the day after our meeting.

No comments: