Fall

Fall

Monday, July 14, 2008

Never too old...

...To want mom or dad to take care of you. On Saturday, I got really sick. I don't know from what, I was in the basement working on something and all of a sudden I felt nauseous. I ran upstairs to take care of it, and then proceeded for the next 2 hours to throw up/do the "other thing" until a stunning finale of both at the same time. Lovely. Throughout the course of it all, even though hubby was home, I wanted my mom and dad to come over and take care of me. I wanted mom to rub my back and dad to make me tea and soup. I called them a few times, crying, because I was so miserable. Yesterday they called to check in on me, today the same, even though I am feeling better but not 100%. My mom told me a story: My grandma, probably in her
90's, living with my aunt, wasn't feeling well and sitting on her rocking chair. She said to my aunt that she wanted her mom. We are never too old to want to be nurtured and cared for.

No comments: