Fall

Fall

Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Yard

Have I bragged yet about my backyard? Mike and I have hosted a number of little get- togethers with friends/family this summer and we always end up outside. The arbor gives a nice shade to the patio and table, so even when it is hot outside it is cooler under the arbor. I love my garden and the additions I made this summer. Even my containers, which were looking a little sad a few weeks ago, have perked up and filled out. The grass is lush and green, and we keep everything pretty tidy. It is such an enjoyable time sitting at the table, looking at the yard, sipping a drink. I have been adding a tablecloth to the table when we dine, it gives a little french feel, as well as a vase of flowers. I think the best house project we have done (besides the kitchen) is the yard. It brings happiness many times over: every fall as the bushes and trees change into beautiful colors, in the winter with the winter landscape, in the spring as everything comes to life, and in the summer for enjoyment and relaxation.

No comments: