Fall

Fall

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Giving busy a new name

Whew! When I haven't blogged in almost two weeks I know things have gotten too busy! Likewise, I know when I haven't talked to Meg in almost a week that things are way out of control. I don't know what is happening but my weeks, days and evenings are just flying by. It is the fall start at Regis and so I am just slammed with student calls, appointments and the like. I am one of the few ready and willing of my group and so I am also training our newest advisor this week and next. I am trying to finish part of my presentation for the November conference, and I have a book to read for a retreat I am going on this weekend. Yikes!

Mike, too, has been busy. You know when you are burned out by Tuesday that you are in it for the long haul. Good news for me is that I do get to go on a retreat Sunday and Monday in Allenspark for new faculty. I want the mountains, crisp air, and a balcony-all I will find at the St. Malo's retreat center. Sept 6, 7 and 8 Mike will also get to have a reprieve-we are going to Durango to ride the Durango-Silverton train, check out a Melodrama, and hang out in this funky little mountain town for a few days. Give me a mountain town!

So, please excuse us if we are M-I-A lately...fall just is a busy time in both our work worlds. Good thing we both like the work we do or else we would be miserable to boot.

No comments: