Fall

Fall

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Growth and reflection


I am feeling a deep affinity for this picture today. There I am, looking at a mountain...This is where I was maybe 6 months ago, looking at the mountain of teaching, trying to wrap my arms around what class to teach, the assessment process, when will I feel ready, etc. I wish I had a picture walking up the mountain, because that is how I am feeling today. I met with Fran, the lead faculty for the class I want to teach, and she invited me to assessment this fall. This was a huge step for me. I have also reflected on the other opportunities that have come up to teach:
--The PC classes at Morey Rec Center
--Conflict Management at the Conflict Center
--Most recently, a Post Secondary prep class at Kennedy High School through Goodwill

I am also applying to be an Ignatian Faculty Scholar, a two year scholarly experience with the goal of continuing the mission of Jesuit education into the future by learning in depth about Jesuit education and how it applies to the classroom. I just feel so blessed and am excited that things are finally taking off in the direction I want. My only hope is that I can find the time to fit it all in! (I know I will).

No comments: