Fall

Fall

Monday, August 25, 2008

Retreat






I had a chance yesterday and today to stay at Camp St. Malo in Allenspark for the new faculty retreat with Regis. We read the book The Courage To Teach by Parker Palmer which led most of our conversations. Yesterday we had small group discussions and then quiet time throughout the afternoon. After dinner, Fr. Mike came up and discussed the nature of Jesuit education-to be open to all people, to use discernment, and to always think critically and not be dogmatic. We capped off the evening with wine and snacks at an evening social. Hey, it's the Jesuits! This morning we met with the Deans of our respective colleges (Regis U has 3 colleges and this was a cross-college retreat). Having one on one time with my dean was awesome and I am so glad to have gotten to know him better. There was about an hour and a half today where I got to hike around-I walked, I journaled, and I just spent some much needed quiet time before returning to work and the needs of my students. All in all, it was a great weekend and I hope to do another in the next year.

No comments: