Fall

Fall

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Evidence of the end of summer

Obviously I am feeling a little nostalgic for summer as we make our way through the last week of it. Last night Mike and I went to our final Guys Night Out baseball game of the season. We ate our last pre-game slice of pizza at Two Fisted Marios. We bought our last $1 bottles of waters from our favorite street vendor outside the park. It was such a pleasant evening, the jackets we brought went unused, happily. The last Guys Night Out game is always a little more relaxed...Mike was tapped on his shoulder and when he turned around four free beer coupons were thrust into his hands, gathered by people who weren't using theirs. We took one and passed the rest down the row. I high-fived the guy sitting in the seat next to me when we got a home run. We sang Take Me Out to the Ballgame at the top of our lungs for the last time, and gave the song "Hey Baby" one last good dance. The Rockies won, it was a great game, and Spillbourghs finally played, which I guess if I am to keep up the crush facade I was ecstactic. So long to summer baseball for this year, but I was reassured by Mike that we will still get the tickets for next year!

No comments: