Fall

Fall

Monday, September 15, 2008

That fall feelin'

The chill in the morning air is definitely different than a July morning that happens to be a rainy or cold day. The chill in the air is definitely a sign of fall. The chill is bordering on permanent, or at least to be around for the next half a year. Fall makes me want to do different things-buy fake flowers that are rich in reds, yellows and oranges, buy candles scented of apple cinnamon, or decorate the front porch with corn cobbs and pumpkins. Entering fall and summer both bring memories-in the fall, it is the purchase of school supplies, halloween costume contests and dad raking the leaves only so I could run and jump into them. In the summer, it is the last final taken and putting the closed toe shoes away to slide into flip flops. I do love fall, and can tolerate the transition into Christmas. It is that black hole of January, February, and March where I cringe. Oh well, I guess I should enjoy fall while it is here...

No comments: