Fall

Fall

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What's new...

It took me a while to readjust to life after Paris. When we got back I was in a whirlwind...first trying to catch up at work, then preparing for my assessment to teach, and also getting the house together and back to normal. My good news...I PASSED ASSESSMENT! It really wasn't as bad as I imagined. Next Thursday I go to orientation, and then hopefully I can do the internship in the spring. I am so happy! Right now I am assessing to teach online. It is a week long assessment where there is a discussion forum and such. Want to hear the funniest thing? The person assessing me is my high school English teacher. Yep, he works in Distance Education at Regis. I see him every once in a while...he seems to forget that I am no longer 16 so I am hoping that he sees my writing has improved since then.

Over the weekend Mike and I primed the basement floor...we are finally finishing that project. We forgot to put the baby gate up and upon waking from a lovely, long and luxerious nap we found painted paw prints all over the house. Yikes! You guessed it...our sweet and innocent Stan went down the basement, directly to his food bin (it was obvious the path he took) and upon discovering it was locked he came upstairs. Lovely. Lucky for us the paint came right up, especially off the hardwoods AND newly laid kitchen tile. Stan...gotta love him.

We are hosting Thanksgiving this year. With Mike's and my family we will have 7 people. It is our first real bird (the one mom brought over and put in the oven 7 years ago doesn't count) so you can imagine we are a bit nervous. We went to Williams Sonoma and bought a beautiful roast pan, too beautiful to use! We are also buying other things...a gravy separator, a gravy boat, an internal and external thermometer...we have also divided up the tasks and so everyone is bringing something. We think it should be fun, and are planning in advance some stress management!!

No comments: