Fall

Fall

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Back in the US

We came home Tuesday night in time to hear Barack Obama's historic acceptance speech for the presidency. I know not all blog followers of mine supported Barack, but I hope you can at least appreciate the eloquence of our new president, the beauty of the First Family, and the inspiration he brings to not only America but around the world. In Paris, the general consensus was support for Barack; I think the world is ready for his ability to collaborate and not isolate.

We spent yesterday recovering. I got tired at 10:30am as I sat in front of the computer in preparation for Regis' assessment tonight. (Wish me luck). I got a second wind and was able to put stuff away, do laundry, go to the store, and just get caught up. Our trip was so wonderful. I can't believe we were even there! We stayed at a great hotel, a real home away from home. We walked miles and miles (and that is just at the Louvre!). We saw where history happens; we quietly appreciated religious beauty; we travelled with the locals; we ate more bread and cheese than we imagined; we drank wine from the Rhone and Bordeaux valleys; we saw where kings and queens lived; and yes, we listened to Mickey Mouse speak French.

I don't have pictures to post yet-we want to crop some and make them all nice and pretty for the public to view. Look for pictures and some more details in the next week. And excuse me if I accidentally say Bonjour or Merci! Those are two words hard to get out of my system.

No comments: