Fall

Fall

Thursday, January 22, 2009

If you didn't already know

If you didn't already know, we have a new president who means business. Within hours of taking the oath, Barack has already achieved so much by way of international diplomacy. He has made strides in such a short time to undo what 8 years of the Bush presidency has done to how the international community views us. I am ever so hopeful that this is new era of peaceful justice.

What is new? I started the internship for ED 205. While I am so excited to teach, I am wiped out at the end of the night. I just sit and stare while my mentor is talking. I need to figure out waking myself up during these long four hour stretches. Next week I get to teach a section. I am going to teach about the role of faculty, advisors and the student. My plan is to break them into three groups to hash out what they think these roles are. Then I will build on that to teach the Regis model. Should be fun.

It was nice to have a break from the Conflict Center class on Monday (MLK Holiday). We were off at Regis as well and so I laid in bed from 9am-noon reading my book The Hour I First Believed (Yes, mom and dad, you gave me this book for Christmas and I am still reading it...). I am such a slow reader at night. I read one or two pages and then boom! Head hits the pillow. How can I argue to my boss that I need one day off a week to lay in bed and read? I would be so much more productive.

What else? Mike's health is still in a questionable state. He is much better than before, but there are a few mysterious things going on. Plus, he just isn't himself. Well, he is still awnry and all that, but he just doesn't have that spark sometimes. I know it is because of the pain, but I hope we can come to some resolution so he can start enjoying life again. He has a PET scan scheduled for the end of the month, and so hopefully it answers questions, even though the answer still may be "we don't know."

Jason and Jess are coming to dinner Saturday. We haven't entertained or gone out in a long while, Mike has been too tired to want to. They proposed that he can sit in his jammies while Jess and I cook and he and Jay chat. That sounds reasonable. Plus, they have their Disneyland trip DVD. I want to see Max coming off Space Mountain. They said he went on ALL the rides. He is certainly becoming a big kid.

No comments: