Fall

Fall

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Back to Reality

I went back to work this week. Ugghhh. I guess it has been a blessing disguised by not totally caring about the day to day mundane work activities. It has given me a little bit of direction and focus, which gets lost the minute I get into the car. People at work have been very supportive. Where some work places may have a culture of not discussing these things, my co-workers hunt me down in my office to give me a big hug. It has been nice, except those times I start crying in front of a co-worker I don't know well. That gets awkward.

I have kept myself very busy this week. Tuesday night I went to the baseball game with my brother. Last night I saw the Schultz family; tonight is dinner with my family. It has been good, but my house is getting messy and the dogs are neglected. So, I am still in search of that thing called "balance" which I am sure I will be able to find someday.

I saw Jason, Jess and Max last night. Max and I watched an episode of Lil Bill and ate chicken tenders and mashed potatoes. I sat around with Jay and Jess and had an awesome time. I thought going over I would be weepy but instead we laughed and told Mikey stories. I told them the details of his last weeks without sobbing which is a feat for me. I honestly felt so at peace when I left there. I needed to spend some good time with people that knew and loved Mike as much as I did. It felt soooo good.

Well, off to another day. The weekend is around the corner, and while I plan to keep busy I am looking forward to some thoughful times with my love.

No comments: