Fall

Fall

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

CRASH!

I haven't written in a few days. So here is my saga...Sunday night I was coming home from dinner at my folks'house and a quick truck wash, driving north on Emerson which is a one-way. At Arizona, a car ran the stop sign and hit the back of the truck in the rear tire well area. I careened into a parked car, hitting it head on the side and pushing it up on the curb. My car ended up southbound and I was fuming as I saw the car drive away!! I started to follow him but the truck wouldn't drive well so I had to pull over. The woman whose car I hit came running out of the house...she didn't see what happened and she started yelling at me. Other neighbors came out who witnessed the accident told her it wasn't my fault and all hugged me as I cried and told them my hubby had died almost a month ago and now this. The lady apologized and called the police so we could report the hit and run. All the neighbors took great care of me...the police came and we filed a report...and found the license plate of the car that hit me. What luck! I had the truck towed to be repaired today. I was so sad because it is Mike's truck...he would be devasted to know that this happened to me and the truck. Luckily I am not hurt. I spoke to the detective today and he asked ultimately what I want done if they find the guy. I don't want to prosecute...I just want him to pay my deductible and the repairs and pay for whatever the other woman needs done. I had a talk with a colleague who thinks I should press charges...in case this person ever does this type of thing again at least I acted. But you know what? I have no desire to add that drama in my life. Also, I have no desire to put all my info out there for some lunatic who cares very little for human life obviously to find out where I live or something. Am I crazy not to press charges?

This is where I miss Mike. We would have deliberated together about what to do. But in the end I think it is a sign to show that I have to take care of things myself now. And I did...I called insurance, I had the truck towed, and I followed up with the detective. I am taking care of business myself and it is empowering to do so.

No comments: