Fall

Fall

Friday, December 18, 2009

I heart my bookclub

Every December, my bookclub scraps the monthly book and socialize instead. One year we went to Lola; last year Wash Park Grill. This year I invited everyone over to my house. Earlier in the season I wondered if I would put up a Christmas tree and I decided if I hosted the event I would. I asked the ladies to bring an ornament to adorn the tree. Almost everyone was able to come, which makes for a cozy night in my teeny house. The boys were barricaded in the back so they didn't annoy us all night. We ate, drank, talked, laughed and everyone put an ornament on my tree. I couldn't ask for a better way to celebrate the holidays with my favorite group of women.

I am looking forward to the next two weeks with two long weekends. Work has been disappointing lately. Our entire Advising department was demoted from Faculty to Staff rank with paycuts and a new reporting structure. I escaped the Marketing Dept two years ago and now have to work for that department again. Morale is low at best, and now I feel thrust in some forced decision making. I miss Mike the most during this time. He would always help me sort through things. He would make me feel better, calm the waters, and give me time and space to decide what to do. At this point I am just going to see what happens...maybe it won't be too bad. I know I will also need to start considering other options.

On a lighter note, I went to Blossoms of Light on Wednesday night with some friends and had a blast. I highly recommend it and getting the 3-D glasses! Get the snowflake or the snowman.

Off to enjoy a weekend where relaxation is my #1 priority!

1 comment:

Meg said...

I heart bookclub too! I had such a great night. Thanks for making it possible.

Keep your chin up about work...life. When your shoulders are back and your gaze is up, you'll hear Mike more clearly.

(Keep me in mind though when you just can't look up...when things are bleak. I'm always here.)