Fall

Fall

Friday, May 7, 2010

Fillin my life with some cool stuff

This morning I reflected on the cool stuff that I have been indulging in lately. Last night, Meg, Amy and I heard music by this small Baroque music ensemble called the Baroque Chamber Orchestra. They played Vivaldi's Four Seasons. It was lovely! All three of us loved the main violinist-she was so expressive in her playing. Being a smaller and more intimate classical ensemble, the concert was low key and very enjoyable.

Tonight I am celebrating my new freedom at the First Friday art walk on Tennyson Street with some friends, mainly people from Regis. Many of us have a friend in common who is showing in a photography exhibit, so there is about 20 people who are going to meet up and walk the galleries. I think it is a unique way to celebrate with friends all the while enjoying art and hopefully a glass of wine.

I am reading the book The Sparrow for book club and it is a unique read. I didn't think I would like it at first because it has an element of futuristic-sci fi kinda stuff; but so far I have really been enjoying it. And, our hostess will be making homemade tamales so that is something to look forward to!

I am having another painting done for above my mantle by my artist friend Kevin. I am giving him Mike's table saw and he is going to paint for me. This time the scene is from the trip Mike and I took to Carmel, California from San Francisco. I loved Carmel and just spending time in that little town was heavenly. This is the photo he will paint:



Finally, my friend Lorrie and I have been trying to figure out how to get funding for our art group each Sunday. We are meeting weekly to discuss where we think this can go, and what we think it might look like. My assignment is to come up with a personal vision for myself. I only have words so far..."authentic" "creative" "enjoy the moment" "be my best self" etc. Lorrie also gave me a book called Writing as a Way of Healing and so I will be diving into that read soon.

Things are good...and knowing that at the end of the month I will start having my time back to myself gives me hope that I will continue to fill my life with lots and lots of cool things.

1 comment:

Mailornish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.