Fall

Fall

Monday, May 24, 2010

Starting to say goodbye

Well, today was my last day at the Regis Lowell campus. The rest of the week I will be at the DTC campus. I packed up my books and said my goodbyes. It didn't feel too final-after all, I will be teaching this summer. However, this is the closing of one journey and the beginning of another. I remember when I got the advising job. I had worked so hard at getting the advising job-I even bought a suit for my interviews. I got my own office and a pay raise; Mike sent me flowers my first week for my office. So much has happened in the years I was an advisor at Regis. I got a graduate certificate in adult learning; I started teaching. Mike and I went on great trips. And we faced the biggest challenge of our lives. I think it is appropriate that I am closing this chapter and starting something new. I don't know what it will look like. People keep asking me the first thing I will do when I wake up and don't have to go to work. I don't know yet...I have deliberately not planned much so I can start changing my routine. I do know I like to wake up at 7am. I do know I like to run/walk in the morning. I do know the boys are going to start getting more attention. But other than that...I will start creating my new path as I go. I look forward to writing about this journey.

No comments: