Fall

Fall

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Christmas season is upon us

I am actually in the Christmas spirit this year. A friend asked me today, "You are going on year two of holidays without Mike...how are you feeling?" I am actually feeling great and ready for the holidays. I had a wonderful Thanksgiving-I ran the entire four miles of the Turkey Trot and was so proud that I pushed myself to cross the finish line. I had dinner with my family and ate so much that I needed my elastic waist pants for comfort! We played a game and relaxed which was nice.

I finished most of my holiday shopping over the weekend. I actually enjoyed the trips to the mall and the Christmas music. I was excited to find gifts-not gift cards-this year for family and friends. I also took myself to see Harry Potter which has left me hanging for the final installment. I even took a Christmas picture that included Ches and Stan and made photo cards (You should be getting one in the mail!).

Of course, Mike is never far from my mind, and the holidays are no exception. But somehow this year I am feeling much more grateful than I am feeling sad or lonely. I have really been able to do the personal healing and growth this year that I needed after losing my best friend. While it will never be easy, I am glad to have back that spirit of the season that will make the holidays that much more cheery.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your good feelings this year are uplifting to me. We got your nice photo card yesterday. Tom M